You may remember me mentioning these Cheesecake Tarts in the post about
So I'm back to share the recipe with you all.
This recipe actually was started in our family by my Mom who one day needed a quick dessert and gathered items she had to make cheesecake, but had no shell, and used tart shells. They were way better than any of us imagined!
I now LOVE to make them this way. They are portion controlled, easy to serve and easy to make (no worrying about cheesecake cracks!)
2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Then bake your tart shells (empty) for about 5-8 minutes, just to cook them enough so they won't absorb the liquids and be soggy (you'll see they've puffed up a bit after the 5-8 minutes).
- Next, cream the softened cream cheese with the sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy.
- By now you should have removed your tart shells. In the bottom of the tart shells, sprinkle chocolate chips & skor bits (I did about 5 chips and a tsp of skor bites in each).
- Pour scoops of your cheesecake batter into each until they fill the tart without going over the edging of the tart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove & let cool before serving.
Hope you enjoy this recipe at your next party or just for fun.
from My Momma, To Me, To You!