After many of you asked for more fabric flower tutorials after the THIS one,
I thought I'd share with you some methods I've used in the past for
crafts & hair accessories.
They may be similar to other tutorials out there, I'm not sure, but these are ones I used after studying some pretty felt flowers I've seen online.
All you'll need for these is felt, scissors and a hot glue gun.
Rolled Felt Rosette Tutorial (3D version)
- Cut out a circle in your felt.
- Cut out a spiral
- Starting from the tail end (outer spiral) begin rolling and gluing
- The front should look like this
- The center of the spiral will work as your backing. Trimming may be necessary to round it out.
Birthday Bow Felt Flower Tutorial
- Cut a long strip of fabric (the longer the strip the larger the flower)
- Fold it in half
- Secure with glue on the edges of the strip only, leaving an open "loop" down the strip.
- Cut out every 1/2" (more or less) down the strip's loop side
- Roll & secure with glue
In the photo above you see two other types of flowers.
The black one is a simple strip of felt, rolled & glued.
The Dark Pink Spikey flower is done with the SAME METHOD as the Birthday Bow Felt Flower Tutorial shown above, but instead of leaving a loop in the folded fabric, cut it before rolling & gluing.
they are so much easier than they appear.
I hope maybe you'll go over here and find some great inspiration on how to use these in projects on wreaths!